Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Author Kristina McBride Interview



Kristina has this book titled "The Tension of Opposites." The name caught my attention and after reading about it, I emailed her in hopes for a review copy and interview. Sadly there weren't any copies available. She was eager, tho, in doing an interview. I think she has the record timing so far in finished author interviews! LOL! Thanks Kristina for this interview and congratulations on all your success!

What inspired you to become a writer?
Books! They were my fist true love as a child, and I’ve never grown tired of them. In fact, I’ve always felt like I can’t get enough. I can’t remember a time when I didn’t want to write a book of my own. My parents, both book lovers themselves, certainly had a lot to do with this.



How long have you been writing?
Most of my life, though I started to be more consistent in high school as I got into journal writing (lots of poems back then). In college I moved toward the short story, and by the end of my college education, I was all about writing a novel. But then I started teaching high school English, which leaves little time or energy for writing a novel. It wasn’t until I had my first child several years ago, when I quit my job to stay home with my baby, that I actually found enough time to dive into my writing.


Of your work, which is your favorite, or that you hold dear for one reason or another?
I’ve written several novels, but The Tension of Opposites is my favorite. The plot and characters were very important to me, and I simply could not give up until this story was told, and told the right way. This novel is my first, so it will probably always be a front runner for questions like this. The Tension of Opposites snagged me an incredible agent, was my first sale, will be the first of my books I will actually hold in my hand . . . you get the point.




As an author who is your favorite to read from?
I’m not sure I can answer this one – it’s like asking me to choose the best of all my wonderful friends. I love so many authors out there! I’m just going to fire off a few names that come to the top of my head: Laurie Halse Anderson, John Green, Sarah Dessen, Jay Asher, Dean Koontz, Stephen King . . .


What is your favorite genre?
YA – no question!


What do you like to do in your spare time? Writing isn't an answer! :)
I like to spend time with my family and friends. There’s nothing like getting lost in a good conversation. I also like to be alone – we have a nature reserve near our home, which is actually a very important setting in my novel, where I love to spend time walking through the woods.


Have you ever collaborated with another author? Or plan too?
I have been part of some very beneficial writing groups, and find that the feedback I get from other authors is invaluable. But I doubt I’ll ever write a novel with someone else. I think that would be too difficult for me!


Do you have any pen name(s)? If so, why do you choose to use a pen name?
I am writing under my maiden name. It flows well and seemed like the best name to have on the cover of my book.


Any words of wisdom for your fans and readers?
Read books. Lots and lots of books :)

Thank you Kristina for doing this interview for my readers and Follower's. Congratulations on "The Tension of Opposites." I am looking forward to doing a review on it for you this year. May this year reward you with even more good news. Keep us posted on any future novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment