Friday, May 28, 2010

Author Jen Nadol Interview

After reading about "The Mark" I contacted Jen in hopes of a copy to review. Unfortunately there wasn't one available, but she happily offered to do this interview with me. See what she has to say. Thank you Jen for your time.



What inspired you to become a writer?
I’ve always loved to read and find writing both challenging and soothing. It always seemed like a dream job, but I only actively pursued it when I stopped working to stay home with my first son.



How long have you been writing?
On and off – my whole life. With intent to publish – almost six years.

Of your work, which is your favorite, or that you hold dear for one reason or another?
The Mark is my first novel and probably will always hold a special place because of that.


As an author who is your favorite to read from?
I tend to have favorite books rather than favorite authors, but a few writers I’ve read and really enjoyed multiple books by are Stephen King, John Irving, Nelson DeMille and Scott Westerfeld.


What is your favorite genre?
I really like paranormal, historical and contemporary stories – either adult or YA. I’m not that into fantasy, sci-fi, chick lit or romance.


What do you like to do in your spare time? Writing isn't an answer! :)
Eat good food and drink good wine.


Have you ever collaborated with another author? Or plan too?
I haven’t and doubt I will. I don’t think it suits the way I write or develop a story.


Do you have any pen name(s)? If so, why do you choose to use a pen name?
No.


Any words of wisdom for your fans and readers?
Carpe diem and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment