Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Undead & Unwed: MaryJanice Davidson

Betsy Taylor turns 30, gets laid off, is killed by an SUV and wakes up dead all in the same week. The vampire community is convinced she's their prophesied Queen. But she's not having any of it—she's got shoes to buy! And now the undead world is being turned upside-down by a Bela Lugosi throwback and her subjects expect her to take care of it! Why didn't she read the handbook? But her would-be consort, Eric Sinclair, is (annoyingly) ever-present. If only he wasn't so tall, dark, gorgeous...and undead.



Hey all. Well my friend Marie had purchased a copy of this book and sent it to me for my birthday. If it weren't for her I don't think I would have ever heard of it.

The book was simply *vampire bite* tasty. MJD grabs your attention from page 1, holds onto you and barely relinquishes you at the end. This book, IMO, is the baby of Confessions of a Shopaholic and a vampire. Betsy is one of the funniest vamps to come around since Buffy. It only took me about a day to read the book it was so refreshingly funny. As I neared the epilogue I became all excited. Not to just finish the story, but in anticipation of moving on to the second book in the series. I would recommend this book to any. Even my mom, who ia afraid of horror began reading it this morning. My favorite line in the book was "Do lesbians have periods?" I loved the adult humor in it and the sex of course. I wouldn't say this is remotely a book for some minor. Then again I grew up in a strict Catholic family. Thank you MJD for luring in another fan. Until next time....
xoxo
Steven

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo I am so glad you finally finished it. Such a good series. I have started on the 4th one and am still in as much love with the series as I was when I read the first book if not more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brat. I think for our book swap you should get the rest of MJD series, since you got me hooked. So unfair. :) Hopefully, if all goes well, I can order Everworld series for you Wednesday. I have a feeling you will love it as much as I did. I need to get mine re-ordered since I lost my library in various moves. GR!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete