Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Predestined by R Garland Gray

IN AN ANCIENT REALM OF MAGIC,
LOVE HAS A DESTINY OF ITS OWN...

Abandoned at birth on the shores of a sacred loch, Bryna never knew her family or true heritage. She exists as a slave in the fortress of a Roman invader, her only friend an ancient, blind Druidess, Derina. Her life is bleak and without hope. And then Derina tells her she must rescue the prisoner in the dungeon.

Tynan lies naked, chained to a cold, stone slab, both body and mind tortured by the Sorcerer, evil ally of the Roman lord. The Sorcerer's purpose? To discover if this one, at last, might be the Dark Chieftain, the fulfiller of prophecy.

Even deeper in the dungeon, trapped by magical enchantment are the faeries. They await their liberator, the one who has been prophesied.

And the Dark Chieftain awaits a destiny of his own...mating with the territorial goddess...a union that will set the land, and many lives, aright.

First, however, he must gain his freedom and find her.

And Bryna is on her way to the dungeon...



This is another review from the great people at Medallion Press. I contacted Ms. Gray and she has since sent me Predestined & Darkscape: The Rebel Lord along with doing an interview. I wanted to review this book because of its large faery and fantasy background. I felt like I was warped into an alternate reality as I read. The cool thing about this book is that she writes with an ancient language that includes a dictionary reference guide in the back. Another thing I would like to note is that the author did a lot of research before she began writing it. So I guess you could say it is also a historical romance novel as well!

The sex scenes were more than sex, lust, passion, love. It is hard to explain, you just need to read it to understand what I am saying. I guess the simplest way is it is a form of enlightenment, and even that doesn't really come close to what it is. Most of the character "developments" were predictable, yet not disapointing.  The book, to me, is a reminder at how people (men, women & children) all matured at much earlier ages in life back in that era. So many things have been lost over those centuries passed.

I really and truly did love reading this book. I can't wait to read books two and three and continue in this magical journey. Thanks again to R. Garland Gray for her willingness to allow me in doing these reviews and interviews with her. Also another thanks to the wonderful people at Medallion Press, for being such a corteous and always eager group of people in assistance with my reviews.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment