Monday, January 11, 2010

Immortal Sins by: Amanda Ashley (Review)

Wow, in only 2 days did I read this book, majorily due to distractions and oversleeping.  This is the first book I read since 2009, and the first book by Amanda as well. What a great way to start a new year. I actually just finished it about 10 minutes ago after staying up all night just to do so. Like I said, I am so happy to have been gifted this book by my Mom. I was hesitant, thinking that it was a novel that just wasn't my type of reading material. I couldn't have been so wrong. It was such a wonderful supernatural journey filled with wizards, witches, vampires, and even educational history. I loved the vampire lore twist that Amanda gave. I have never heard of many of them like she had described. Being a predominantly vampire genre fan, it made me giggle inside learning different abilities and "ways of living" that her characters posessed. This is another of them rare books that has that paradoxially (if that's even a word?) ending. You know what I mean. That kind of story that just keeps you on the edge until the last few pages. As you read them you're mad as hell at the ending, but in your mind you're like..."well it couldn't have ended any better." LOL!

Today I am venturing to the wonderful world that few of us know and love, while other's are clueless into the magical realm it can take them- called a library, to get a few more of Amanda's books to keep me enthralled these wintery months. She has a special power all her own, it may not be supernatural, but the magic she posesses in creating her novels is just immeasurable! (Damn, that really sounded like a real book critic!) :) I left Amanda a brief comment on her website and I will post it below to let you all see what she has said. Thanks again Amanda for the magical journey you took me and all your other readers on. God Bless!
xoxo

Dear Amanda,


Since Twilight has ended, I've been at a loss for a great vampire saga to escape reality. I've never heard of you until yesterday when my Mom came home and said she got me a new vampire book to read, Immortal Sins. While it isn't a saga, it's not even been a full 24 hours and I am already more than halfway finished with the book. I was hesitant at first, being fearful it was another Harlequin romance novel-type. Thankfully I was wrong, and glad I was brave enough to give it a shot. I am excited to obtain the other vampire books in your collection. I quickly browsed your site and I have to say you're my new favorite author. I recently began reviewing new books for companies and Immortal Sins, will be my next blog addition. I have so much more to say but I will add that to my blog and save room for your other fans. :P

-Steven

P.S. I seen your favorite vampire reads. If you can find a book titled "Sins of the Blood" by Kristin Kathryn Rusch, which is what caused my vampire obsession, I do believe you will enjoy it.

Hi Steven ~ Thank you for your comments. I'm delighted to be your new favorite author. And please thank your Mom for finding me a new reader!!!! While I don't write sagas, I do have a 4 book series (Night's Kiss, Night's Touch, Night's Master and Night's Pleasure). A 5th book, Night's Mistress, is a distinct possibility. I would love to read your review of my book. Also, next time you stop by, please leave a link to your blog so we can check it out. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to see if I can find it. Mandy 1/9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment