Thursday, April 22, 2010

Author Andrea Cremer

                                                            Photo by: Gina Monroe


Andrea is another of my 2010 Debute Author Challenge- author's. At the time I had requested a copy of "Nightshade," it hadn't even gone into print mode yet! Andrea kindly offered to do an interview. I recently was contacted by her publisher as they were compiling the list for reviewers of her upcoming novel. I am so excited for Andrea and her book. I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I have. Thank you Andrea for your time and consideration. Congratulations. I hope we see more of your work in the future!

What inspired you to become a writer?

I've always scribbled stories and I don't think I was particularly inspired to become a writer. It was more of a freak accident - a horse broke my foot in the summer of 2008 and I couldn't walk for eight weeks. I decided to try my hand at writing a novel and it was like opening the floodgates. I knew there was nothing else I wanted more than to pursue a full-time writing career.


How long have you been writing for?
Forever! But I only decided to try to make a go of it professionally two years ago.


Of your work, which is your favorite, or that you hold dear for one reason or another?
Definitely NIGHTSHADE because it's the book that started it all.




As an author who is your favorite to read from?
There are a variety of authors I love to read: long-time favorites are Margaret Atwood, Neil Gaiman, and Kurt Vonnegut. More recently I love the work of Cassandra Clare, Laurie Halse Anderson, John Green, JK Rowling, Suzanne Collins, Libba Bray, and Melissa Marr.


What is your favorite genre?
Fantasy of any kind.


What do you like to do in your spare time? Writing isn't an answer! :)
Reading! That's probably not an answer either. I have two dogs and I love taking long walks with them. I enjoy staring up at trees. And I love yoga.


Have you ever collaborated with another author? Or plan too?
Not yet. Ummmmm, I'm really not sure. I'd be delighted to be in short-story anthology, but I have a very solitary method of writing I think collaborating with another author on a single work would be tough for me.


Do you have any pen name(s)? If so, why do you choose to use a pen name?
Nope. I am Andrea Cremer and she is me.


Any words of wisdom for your fans and readers?
It's important to pursue dreams, despite how distant or unreachable they might seem. I never thought I could really become a novelist and now I can't believe I didn't go after that dream sooner. You have to be willing to fail to achieve anything worth while. Falling down and get up again is part of the process.

Andrea I want to thank you for this exciting interview with you. I am so eager to begin the "Nightshade" series and also looking forward to the steampunk series "The Inventor's Secret." Things are going quite well for you and I can only wish you even more luck, but clearly you don't need it. Keep in touch with us Andrea.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the chance to do this interview, Steven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Andrea! Love your picture and can't wait to read NIGHTSHADE!

    ReplyDelete