Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thrifty Book Shopping

Hey readers, yesterday was a fun time. I hit one of the local thrift shops, my neighbor unknowingly is the boss. After various moves in the past decade, I have lost almost my entire book collection. I stumbled upon some books I needed to replace:
The Testament, The Pelican Brief,  & The Chamber: All by John Grisham (I <3 his legal thrillers.)

In addition to those I found some I haven't read:
The Tale of the Body Thief: by Anne Rice
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil: by John Berendt
Halloween Night: by R.L. Stine (I couldn't pass this up. I lovvvvvvved reading his work in elementary-high school!)

I also found two books in a series I've never heard of/never read/and looked oh so tempting:
Children of the Vampire: The Family Dracul #2  by Jeanne Kalogridis
Lord of the Vampire: The Family Dracul #3 by Jeanne Kalogridis
(I need to get Covenant of the Vampire: The Family Dracul #1 by Jeanne Kalogridis and I can begin what looks like a promising trilogy.)

Lastly I hit the frikkin' motherload! The very first thing that caught my eye as I stepped thru the vintage portal that is a thrift store, was a set of books wrapped up ever so adoringly with a satin ribbon priced $5.00.  I was drawn to it like a fly to a flystrip. Low and behold, it was The Chronicles of Narnia books 1-7. I almost fell right there on the floor. Amazingly enough the set is in almost perfect condition minus book 7 it looks as if some kind of liquid has dripped onto the edge of the books pages. They're a reproduction from circa 1970 some printing. AMAZING!

I realize I have roughly 9 books I am in need of reviewing but an avid reader can't just have one good book. For me I think of books as a woman thinks of collecting purses or shoes. However for me I want to do more then try them out.
xoxo
Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment