Tuesday, March 16, 2010

James G Hutchison Interview

One day, like everyday, I was cruising through Facebook and stumbled upon an advertisement for a book called, "The Accessory." I had no clue what it was, or even who it was by. Yet the name intrigued me so I clicked on the link. It brought up James G Hutchison's Facebook page for "The Accessory." He was the second author I braved the will to send me a copy of his book to review, the first being Amanda Ashley. He replied back pretty quickly, almost as excited to send me the book as I was to receive it. Below is a quick look into this talented man's life.

What inspired you to become a writer?

It was the passion to share my story... my first serious foray into writing was an 80,000 word novel that originally started as an autobiography, which then morphed into a 17,000 word novella. After speaking with a publisher, I was then inspired to expand it into its current form.

How long have you been writing for?
I have been writing casually for over 15 years, mostly instructive articles and e-zine websites. I began seriously writing 3 years ago.

Of your work, which is your favorite, or that you hold dear for one reason or another?
My novel "The Accessory", simply because it is my first serious work.

As an author, who is your favorite to read from?
Dan Brown.

What is your favorite genre?
Murder/mystery/espionage.

What do you like to do in your spare time? Writing isn't an answer. :)
Photography, and anything outdoors if I can pry my fingers away from the keyboard...

Have you ever collaborated with another author? Or plan too?
No and yes. A friend wants me to shadow-write his autobiography.

Do you have any pen names? If so why do you choose to use a pen name?
No.

Any words of wisdom for your fans and readers?
Write from your heart, and don't publish anything unless it's been well-edited.

Thank you James for sharing your time with us. I for one am excited for the sequel "The Witness." At the time of this interview I was re-reviewing the book for you and it's just amazing how I felt I missed parts of the book the first time around. It truly was a great novel, and you definitely have a talent that is for sure! From my readers and myself we would like to wish you good luck on the continuation of "The Accessory."

No comments:

Post a Comment