Monday, April 19, 2010

Author Vicki Lewis Thompson Interview


I contacted Vicki in hopes of doing a review for her new series "Babes on Brooms." Ms. Thompson kindly sent me her last copy of "Blonde With A Wand, "Chick With A Charm," and an autographed postcard with both books cover art on it. Vicki is a very kind woman, and I am so fortunate for her to have done this interview with me. She has a new series coming out this summer, "Sons of Change." Stay tuned for that. Thank you Vicki for your sweetness and juicy novels.
What inspired you to become a writer?

My mom. She loved to write and encouraged me to try my hand at it, even as a little kid.


How long have you been writing for?
Since I was about eight.


Of your work, which is your favorite, or that you hold dear for one reason or another?
My favorite is NERD IN SHINING ARMOR, both because it was so much fun to write and because that's the book that put me on the NYT bestseller list.

 As an author who is your favorite to read from?
I'm currently loving The #1 Ladies Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith.


What is your favorite genre?
Romance is my favorite genre, but I read all kinds of books.


What do you like to do in your spare time? Writing isn't an answer! :)
I have a heavy-duty writing schedule, so there's not much spare time involved, but I watch movies and read books, and I'm always happy to go to Disneyland and ride the roller coasters. They're great stress-busters!


 Have you ever collaborated with another author? Or plan too?
Early in my career I co-authored several romances with another writer. Although it was fun, I've now become too protective of my stories to be able to do it now.


Do you have any pen name(s)? If so, why do you choose to use a pen name?
Nope!


Any words of wisdom for your fans and readers?
Wow, I'm not sure if I'm qualified to hand out wisdom, but I will say that my life improved a thousand percent once I started doing something I loved. That turned out to be romance writing, and I've managed to support myself for twenty-seven years as an author. I would wish that kind of job satisfaction for everyone. If you can find out what you love doing and figure out a way to make money at it, you're a very lucky person indeed.

Vicki I wanted to thank you again for doing this interview and for gifting me copies of "Blonde With A Wand" & "Chick With A Charm," along with the autographed postcard. You have such a warm, bright personality that is really refreshing. I hope we hear from you in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment